HI YOU GUYS!!!! Yeah, it's been awhile. Life, you know? I missed this.
Things have been pretty great. I could go on and on, but I think I'll just ease back into this blogging thing with these recipes and photos and virtual hugs. *HUGS*
- 1 fennel bulb, quartered and sliced thin
- 2 tsp fennel fronds, chopped fine
- 1 large tomato, seeded, quartered, sliced thin
- 1 peach, peeled, seeded, sliced thin
- 1/2 ball fresh mozzarella, cut into matchsticks
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 5-6 fresh basil leaves, julienned
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 Tablepoons Balsamic vinegar- salt & pepper to taste
Re: slicing everything: I was trying to get everything a similar shape/cut... kind of thin, bite-size slices. Gently toss everything to combine. Serve immediately or refrigerate up to 4 hours.
- 3 trout filets
- Flour for dusting the trout (a cup should do)
- 4 Tablepoons butter, divided
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 Tablespoons capers- salt and pepper to taste
Spread the flour on a plate and dip the trout fillets in it to coat completely. Shake of excess flour. Melt 3 Tablespoons of butter in a large non-stick skillet. When completely melted, place trout fillets in, 1 or 2 at a time, flesh-side down. Let cook for 3 minutes then gently flip with a spatula and cook another 3 minutes. Set cooked trout aside. Add garlic and remaining butter to pan and let melt completely. Add lemon juice and stir, scraping up brown bits. Add capers and salt and pepper. Pour sauce over cooked trout, Garnish with lemon thyme, lemon wedges, and fennel fronds, if desired. Serve.
|I developed a milk glass obsession while I was gone. This platter is bae.|
Related recipes from the archives:
Post a Comment