It's been awhile since I have participated in Taste & Create. It's always fun, so I signed up for June. I was paired with Min of Bad Girl's Kitchen. I bookmarked several recipes, but I just HAD to try this Blender Coconut Pie. I hardly ever bake, so I love a good easy dessert recipe. And coconut. Oh man. I love me some coconut. This was really easy, and really tasty. All the ingredients went straight into the blender, so the only dishes I had to clean were the blender, a measuring cup, measuring spoon and the actual pie dish.
Blender Coconut Pie
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Start to Finish time: 55 minutes
4 large eggs
2 cups milk
1/4 cup butter, melted
2 teaspoons vanilla
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 (3 1/2-ounce) can sweetened shredded coconut (I used about half of a 7 oz. bag of sweetened coconut… I’ve never seen the canned variety)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Coat a 9-inch glass pie dish with cooking spray.
3. Place all the ingredients except for the coconut in a blender container, blend for 1 minute, until well mixed. Pour this mixture into the prepared pie dish. Sprinkle with the coconut.
4. Bake for 45 minutes, or until the center is set and the top is toasted golden brown.
5. Let cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes before serving (I chilled mine in the fridge overnight. It’s wonderful cold… a good summer dessert!)
Past Taste & Create Posts:
Crockpot Apple Butter
Siopao (Steamed Buns)
Noodles wanted in on this pie, too. Sorry, buddy. No dairy for kitties!
This is one of my favorites! Glad you liked it, I love it cold too. Or any temp, really. =)
Post a Comment